top of page
Image by Oleg Laptev

If this best describes what you are seeking care for today, please know we are here for you and want to help. Contact us today and we will help set up the individualized care that is the best fit for you or a loved one. 

If you are experiencing a crisis right now, in distress right now, or thinking about harming yourself, please know YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We want you to know there are trained professionals available 24 hours a day through national call and text lines. Please reach out for IMMEDIATE HELP below.

Support Available 24 Hours a Day Everyday

Support Advocates Available 24 Hours a Day: No Fees, No Judgement, No Names

The information on this page related to current therapy issues has been provided from You can find more information from them here.

ODD / Oppositional and Defiant Behavior

"Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a diagnosis that applies to some people who are excessively aggressive, angry, or defiant. Though it’s most commonly diagnosed in children, adults can have ODD. Oppositional defiant behavior goes beyond what is developmentally normal or a clear reaction to challenging circumstances. For example, neither a toddler throwing tantrums nor a teenager reacting with anger to abuse warrant a diagnosis of ODD. ODD can feel overwhelming. Kids and teens may feel out of control and angry. This can affect their relationships with peers and family, and undermine their ability to succeed at school. ODD often affects an entire family. Parents may feel frustrated, angry, and anxious. Siblings may be afraid of another child with ODD. It’s common for families to disagree about how to manage ODD. Spouses may find themselves frequently fighting about the child. Therapy can help children with ODD and their families manage the many challenges they face. Individual counseling can help kids better control their emotions, while family counseling can help families support a child struggling with ODD and find better strategies for communicating with one another. If you suspect the condition may be at play, find a therapist who specializes in ODD."

bottom of page